Event is FINISHED
Diabetic-Friendly Baking with Nutritionist Fiona
Indulge in these diabetic-friendly recipes that tastes just as good!
￼BAKING WITH DIABETES
As a nutritionist, I often come across individuals with diabetes have lost their motivation for food. They seem to have the same complains about not being able to eat their favourites or they have gone on a strict regime to avoid sugar. Hence, this workshop aims to inspire individuals that bake or cook for diabetes and themselves.
Baking for a diabetes diet can be just as easy and tasty as usual baking! Experimenting with various ingredient substitutes to create healthy desserts recipes instead of sugar and fat laden ones. Even if you are diagnosed with diabetes, doesn't mean you can not enjoy sweet treats. Soon enough you will be able to create your very own favourites for diabetes.
During this 3 hours session, we would be covering these topics: -
- Understanding the diabetes conditions .
- What are the associations with food/sugars and diabetes
- Baking with diabetes differences: Taste, Color, Rise, Shelf Life
- Ingredient substitutes (sugar) and how to use them
Recipes(Hands on) that we will be fondling with
1. Red Velvet Pumpkin Cupcake
2. Sugar free Marshmallows
3. Pandan Chiffon Cake Less Sweet
Want to find more groups and events like this?